Welcome to Byron Center Bible Church
We're so glad you visited our website today, and we hope you'll visit BCBC soon in person. Here are some answers to some of the most common questions people ask before coming to Byron Center Bible Church.
What can I expect at Byron Center Bible?
The Sunday morning service at Byron Bible is designed to help you connect with God, to actually experience Him in your life. It's where teaching, worship and music come together to bring life and faith into a clearer focus.
We hope you'll feel warmly welcomed! The BCBC family is multi-generational, with a mixture of many ethnic backgrounds. Children in kindergarden join in the worship services; nursery through pre-school classes are provided for younger children.
When are worship services?
Our Sunday worship service is at 9:30 AM in the main sanctuary, and lasts about 75 minutes. We have an evening praise and Bible study at 6:00 PM which also lasts about 75 minutes. BCBC worship services have a strong focus on the preaching of the Bible, our goal is to glorify God and exalt our Lord Jesus Christ. Be sure to allow a few extra minutes to park and check in at our Welcome Center. Ushers can give you the morning's bulletin and help you find a seat.
Where is Byron Center Bible Church?
We are located on Byron Center Avenue, south of 84th street in Byron Center. Our address: 8855 Byron Center Avenue SW, on the west side of the road.
What if I have any questions once I'm at BCBC?
If you have questions and need help at any time, look for Byron Bible ushers and Welcome Center greeters wearing name-tags, they can help you or direct you to our pastoral staff.
What is SALVATION? What does Salvation mean?
Whether or not to become a Christian is the most important decision that will ever be made in your lifetime. When a person, in response to the grace of God, receives Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, he becomes a member of God’s family. If you have never responded to God’s gift of Grace, please take a moment to consider the following:
- Because of sin, EVERY person is separated from God – Romans 3:23 - No human effort (including baptism, church membership, family origin, morality, desire, or other good deeds) is good enough to bridge the gap that sin has created between us and God.
- Because of sin, and the resulting estrangement from God, man’s destiny is eternal separation from God. – Isaiah 59:1-2; Isaiah 64:6; Romans 6:23a
- God in his love gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the price for our sin – Romans 5:8-9.
- Christ died in our place, and took our punishment for us – Isaiah 53:5, I Peter 3:18, 2 Corinthians 5:21.
- God has declared that “to as many as receive Him-Jesus Christ- to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” – John 1:12.
Won’t you respond to the grace of God by praying a prayer similar to this: “Heavenly Father, I admit that I am a sinner and cannot save myself. I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, died for all the sin that I’ve done. Cleanse me from my sin through the blood of Jesus and save me. In Jesus name I pray, amen.”
If you have sincerely prayed this prayer, God’s word tells us that it is because God’s Holy Spirit has done a work in you to bring you to spiritual life – Titus 3:5 & 6. A new life lies before you – 2 Corinthians 5:17. “We welcome you to God’s family!” If we can be of help to you in your new life, or help you discover this new life, please contact us.
Do you need help?
At some point in our life, we all need help, and some days we need a lot of help. Your need for help is our call for service to you. We want to help and can do so in many different ways.
- Can we Pray for you? Contact a pastor
- Need help finding a church home? Find out more about us
- Need someone who will just listen to you? Contact a pastor